Oh! It’s only you! You startled us there. It looks like you were snooping around trying to find out more about The Content Geek, but you didn’t have to sneak – we’re more than happy to tell you more about us.
Who We Are
The Content Geek is an integrated social media and content marketing consultancy and blog founded in 2012 in the original windy city – Edinburgh, Scotland. We were founded on the principle that social media and content marketing are the perfect partners: the wine and cheese of the digital marketing world.
The head honcho and proverbial Geek is Amanda Porrelli – during her time on the digital marketing scene she has worked with some pretty big names, from the UK’s largest retailer to one of the world’s leading banks. She’s also got some awards under her belt (which makes it pretty useless for holding her trousers up). Right now we’re pretty small, but you know what they say that big things come in…
What We Do
If you want to get technical, we manipulate social algorithms with a view to generating positive feedback in search engine rankings, social sentiment, brand awareness and sales figures by designing and implementing fully integrated social media and content campaigns. If you prefer to keep things simple (like we do): we create interest-rich content and social campaigns that position your organisation as the reliable, personable, knowledgeable and trustworthy outfit it is.
Why We Do It
Other than the obvious reason (it keeps the heating on), we do it because we love online. The Content Geek doesn’t go home at night and switch off: we live, breathe, sleep and, when we’re feeling a bit confused, eat all things digital. We enjoy helping brands, charities and groups realise their full online potential and receiving the social love that they have always deserved: it gives us the warm-fuzzies.
What We Believe In
- Total transparency: you’ll never wonder what we’re doing or why we’re doing it.
- Complete honesty: if we think you’re doing something wrong, or could be doing something better, we won’t be ‘yes men’ – we’ll let you know!
- Constant learning: what we know today could change by tomorrow. We believe that when your mind stops expanding, it starts contracting.
- Educating: we like to learn and we love to pass that learning on. If we work with you and you ever want to learn more about a particular subject or platform, we’ll be there to bring you up to speed.
- Listening as much as we talk: social media marketers are often very good at talking, but we know half the battle is listening, both to you and your audience.
In a Nutshell…
Do you remember the end of the Wizard of Oz where the Wiz tells Scarecrow, Tin Man and Lion they had had brains, heart and courage all along? Well we’re here to do that, but with social media.